Catonsville Farmers Market
5820 Edmonson Avenue at The Christian Temple
Wednesday’s from 10:00 to 1:00
We are at the market until the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, November, 21 and then every other week during the winter months.
October 24, 2018
Alternate Vendors this Week:
- Bees by the Bay will have a selection of their nutritious honey; wildflower, clover, buckwheat (a delicious variation on molasses), blueberry and orange blossom just to name a few. Bees has so much more at their table than flavored honey … honey sticks, lip balm, soaps and various other honey-made items.
- If Bayfire, the liquid version of a Sweetart, is your wine of choice, Great Shoal’s Winery suggests you grab it while you can. (There are only a few cases left before the new vintage is released after Thanksgiving.) Also, pick up a selection of still and fizzy ciders perfect for crisp, cooler fall weather.
- Natalie Cassidy, Farmers’ Market Program Assistant, at the University of Maryland Extension’s Food Supplement Nutrition Education (FSNE) & Maryland’s SNAP-Ed Programs, will have a recipe for Spicy Apple Filled Squash! This is Natalie’s last visit with Catonsville!
- Belvedere Farm will have plenty of dahlias with autumn colors of orange, white, purple, burgundy, peach, yellow, black satin and pink. Fillers include aromatic eucalyptus, several varieties of basil, ageratum and red and yellow cockscomb, and other stunning garden favorites. Expect a variety of single stem mums coming soon.
- Blades Orchards will have an assortment of apples … Gala, Jona Mac, Jona Gold, Ginger Gold, Golden Delicious, Red Delicious, Mutsu, Grimes Gold as well as apple butter (with and without sugar) fresh cider and canned peaches. Blades is an orchard that also has a winery, Faulkner Branch Cider & Distilling Co. At the market this week they welcome customers to sample their hard ciders.
- Eve’s Cheese offers six varieties of grade-A milk cheese. They are: Colby, Colby with dill, Colby with jalapeno, cheddar and cheddar with horseradish. Pick up cheese at Blades Orchard.
- Glenville Hollow will have sweet onions, assorted hot and sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, white potatoes, kohlrabi, broccoli, spinach, curly kale, red and white Russian kale, green and yellow beans, several varieties of winter squash – spaghetti squash, kabocha, spotted hound (so sweet!) and butternut. Popcorn will always be in stock. Lots of unique jelly combinations, be sure to take a look.
- In Kerry’s Kitchen will have Curried Butternut Squash Soup and a Creamy Coconut and Cauliflower Soup with Fire Roasted Tomatoes in Tandoori Spice. Assorted dips this week are horseradish and herb cheese. Kerry will hold containers of soups or dips for you; simply respond to this email.
- King Mushrooms will be selling their popular and tasty variety of mushrooms.
- Kite Hill will have plenty of their delicious meats and eggs. Be sure to ask Kate what’s on sale this week.
- Lisa’s Love will have Orange Shortbread, Chocolate Chip Love, Triple Chocolate Salty Caramel, Peanut Butter Breakfast, Molasses Triple Ginger,
Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars, Mini Pumpkin Crumb Cakes and the Mayer’s Munch (flourless and dairy free).
- Stop by Little Paris for turnovers, sweet pastries, assorted savory breads and authentic French baguettes.
In Case You Did Not Know:
- You can request to get added to our weekly mailing list; we’ve exceeded 500 and look forward to reaching our next goal of 600! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you wish to thank someone for a kind gesture you can give the gift of market tokens. Fill a handcrafted carrot refrigerator magnet with as many tokens as you would like to gift.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, wine, cider and simple syrup bottles, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need.
- Be sure to ask Kerry about the bring a friend campaign, for a chance to win $25.00 in market tokens!
- As always you can share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!