Catonsville Farmers Market
5820 Edmondson Avenue at The Christian Temple
Winter hours: 10:30 to 12:30
Winter market dates:
April 03 and 17,
& Opening Day May 01!
- Belvedere Farm will be bringing potted sedum plants, Queensland pink tulips, orange parrot tulips, anemones, pussy willow and a few ranunculus.
- Blades Orchards will have an assortment of apples … Gold Rush, Fuji and Pink Lady as well as apple butter (with and without sugar) fresh cider and canned peaches. Ask for a sample of their hard ciders, Tax Ditch, Head Waters or The Long Weekend.
- Eve’s Cheese offers nine varieties of grade-A milk cheese. Colby varieties are: plain Colby, Colby with dill, Colby with jalapeno, Chesapeake Colby, Colby with chipotle and Italian Colby. Cheddar varieties are: straight cheddar, cheddar with horseradish, smoked cheddar and cheddar with garlic and chive. Pick up cheese at Blades Orchard.
- Cindy from Glenville Hollow will have sweet potatoes and an assortment of jams and jellies, black walnuts and popcorn.
- Cozy up with two wintry, nutrient-rich soups this week from In Kerry’s Kitchen. Dip this week is Horseradish and Herb Cheese. Kerry will hold containers of soups or dips for you; simply respond to this email.
- 1) Curried Sweet Potato Soup with Farro, Kale, Tomatoes and Chickpeas
- 2) Quinoa Soup with Spinach, Corn, Potatoes and Cauliflower
- King Mushrooms will be selling their popular and tasty variety of mushrooms.
- Kite Hill will have plenty of their savory meats and delicious eggs.
- Lisa’s Love will have an assortment of cookies including, Oatmeal Golden Raisin, Chocolate Chip Shortbread, Triple Chocolate Salty Caramel, The Mayer’s Munch (flourless & dairy free) as well as Peanut Butter Bars and Apple Crumb Cake.
- Little Paris will hopefully be back in April. (Gerrit broke his wrist.)
In Case You Did Not Know:
- You can request to get added to our weekly mailing list; we’ve exceeded 500 and look forward to reaching our next goal of 600! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you wish to thank someone for a kind gesture you can give the gift of market tokens. Fill a handcrafted carrot refrigerator magnet with as many tokens as you would like to gift.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, wine, cider and simple syrup bottles, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need.
- Be sure to ask Kerry about the bring a friend campaign, for a chance to win $25.00 in market tokens!
- As always you can share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!