Catonsville Farmers Market
5820 Edmonson Avenue at The Christian Temple
Winter Hours are: 10:30 to 12:30
Winter Market Dates: December 19, January 9 and 23, February 6 and 20, March 6 and 20
Market News: Santa Claus is coming to the market on December 19! Also on the 19th the Catonsville library is coming, stop by their table and pick up something … angelic!
For December 19, 2018
- Belvedere Farm will have Christmas wreaths made from grape vines adorned with boxwood, magnolia leaves and hemlock.
- Blades Orchards will have an assortment of apples … Jona Mac, Gold Rush, Rome, Fuji, Mutsu and Pink Lady as well as apple butter (with and without sugar) fresh cider, honey and canned peaches. Be sure to ask for a sample their hard ciders.
- Eve’s Cheese offers nine varieties of grade-A milk cheese. Colby varieties are: plain Colby, Colby with dill, Colby with jalapeno, Chesapeake Colby, Colby with chipotle and Italian Colby. Cheddar varieties are: straight cheddar, cheddar with horseradish, smoked cheddar and cheddar with garlic and chive. Pick up cheese at Blades Orchard.
- Glenville Hollow will have sweet potatoes, white potatoes, spinach and possibly white and red cabbage. Thru most of the rest of the winter season Cindy will have black walnuts, popcorn and jams and jellies.
- In Kerry’s Kitchen will have three soups this week, they are: Gingered Butternut Squash Soup with Coconut, Creamy Vegetable Soup with Tandoori (this is the soup many of you request), Lentil Soup with Wild Rice, Kale, Fire Roasted Tomatoes and Sweet Potatoes. Dip this week is Herb Cheese. Kerry will hold containers of soups or dips for you; simply respond to this email.
- King Mushrooms will be selling their popular and tasty variety of mushrooms.
- Kite Hill will have plenty of their savory meats and delicious eggs.
- Lisa’s Love will have Brown Sugar Shortbread, Chocolate Chip Love, The Mayer’s Munch (flourless and dairy free) and Triple Chocolate Salty Caramel.
- Stop by Little Paris for turnovers, sweet pastries, assorted savory breads and authentic French baguettes.
In Case You Did Not Know:
- You can request to get added to our weekly mailing list; we’ve exceeded 500 and look forward to reaching our next goal of 600! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- If you wish to thank someone for a kind gesture you can give the gift of market tokens. Fill a handcrafted carrot refrigerator magnet with as many tokens as you would like to gift.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, wine, cider and simple syrup bottles, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need.
- Be sure to ask Kerry about the bring a friend campaign, for a chance to win $25.00 in market tokens!
- As always you can share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!