Wednesday, September 11th
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Summer is Ending, Autumn is Beginning
There will be a cooking demonstration and recipes to grab! Summer is coming to an end so only a couple more weeks for watermelon and sweet corn, so get it while you can! Also, it’s time to think about preserving some tomatoes and/or peppers for the winter while they are abundant.
Our Seasonal Vendors are featuring:
- Andy’s Eggs and Poultry will have their regular selection of chicken, turkey, pork and eggs!
- Bees By the Bay will be there with a great honey selection!
- Belvedere Farm has an abundance of gorgeous Zinnias, Sunflowers, and bouquets!
- Blades Orchards will have juicy peaches, plums, new apple varieties being picked each week, hard ciders and Eve’s Cheeses.
- Deep Run Farms will have cantaloupes, watermelon, sweet corn, cucumbers, tasty ripe tomatoes and bell peppers.
- Eve’s Cheese offers nine varieties of grade-A milk cheese. Colby varieties are: plain Colby, Colby with dill, Colby with jalapeno, Chesapeake Colby, Colby with chipotle and Italian Colby. Cheddar varieties are: straight cheddar, cheddar with horseradish, smoked cheddar and cheddar with garlic and chive. Be sure to pick up Barbera Cheddar, it’s new! Pick up cheese at Blades Orchard.
- Glenville Hollow will have the last of their fresh picked sweet corn Home grown tomatoes, end of the sweet juicy watermelon, green beans, a great selection of eggplant varieties, colorful sweet peppers and hot peppers, cucumbers are back and fall decor such as Indian Corn and gourds to adorn your home.
- Stop at Great Shoals for your favorite wine or cider
- King Mushrooms will be selling their popular and tasty variety of mushrooms. They also have a variety of dried mushrooms, mushroom extracts and Hungarian Mushroom Soup.
- Lisa’s Love will have Cookies: The Mayer’s Munch (flourless & dairy free), Chocolate Covered Coffee Bean, Rosemary Chocolate Chip, Old Fashioned Ginger and Lavender Cookies; and Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars as well as Mini Nectarine Crumb Cakes.
- Little Leaf Springs Farm will have all your garlic needs. Their season is coming to a close.
- Little Paris will have their delicious array of savory and sweet breads and pastries.
In Case You Did Not Know:
- You can request to get added to our weekly mailing list; we have nearly reached our goal of 700! You can unsubscribe at any time.
- We recycle egg cartons, pulp baskets, as well as containers from soups and dips.
- We accept FMNP, SFMNP and SNAP.
- Don’t have cash? We’ve got you covered, we accept debit cards in exchange for as many market tokens as you need.
- Share us on Instagram and Facebook; we love photos!